Month of July
I have had a wonderful, action-packed month getting completely settled into my new programme, and I’ve been keeping super active with all of my fitness, learning, and creative pursuits! At the gym, I’ve been working hard on building up my cardio endurance while also taking on a mentorship role by teaching Dianne the ins and outs of all the equipment. Dancing with Donna continues to be an absolute highlight of my week we’ve started learning an exciting new routine, and I always jump at the opportunity to take charge and lead the group in a few of my all-time favourite dances. Back in the Life Skills classroom, I’ve been practicing practical home tasks and have become genuinely fantastic at using a steam iron to get clothes looking crisp and neat. On top of that, we tapped into our creative sides by using cutting-edge AI technology to produce our very own custom Tintin video, which was an absolute blast to make!
Giving back to the local community through hands-on volunteering has been equally rewarding, and I've been taking a lot of pride in my outdoor work. Over at Palmers Garden Centre, I’ve been an incredible help by sweeping down the walkways and painstakingly putting the rocks back into the garden beds so the grounds look immaculate for all the visiting customers. Out at RDA, we kept up with the regular garden maintenance and received the thrilling news that we get to plan and plant a brand-new garden plot this upcoming term! I’ve also been lending a hand at Good Neighbour, where I help organize and apply food labels so we can ensure essential groceries are correctly sorted before heading out to families in need. To round out a fantastic month, I took advantage of a gorgeous, crisp winter day to get out on the water for a sunny trip with Sailability, and we had a lovely afternoon at Waipuna Park enjoying a brisk walk, playing a game of basketball, and having fun on the swings.



Comments
Post a Comment